Thursday, August 10, 2006

Baby Will Be Early

The other I had a doctor's appointment. I was looking forward to it since I've been itchy like crazy and wanted to know if the blood test would give us any indications to why. Well the results confirmed what my symptoms were to the doc. She informed me that I have Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy - ICP. What it is, is that my liver for some unknown reason is sluggish therefore not eliminating the bad stuff. The bad stuff stays in my bloodstream and the only symptom is itchy skin all over and worst at night. That's me. This can be very harmful to the baby. There is a 2% to 3% chance that if she is born after 36 weeks ( research know this) she could be still born. I know the odds are not high but the doc's still think that is high so I'm on this medication that will decrease the chance even more therefore I will be induced at 38 weeks. I will also be going for another ultrasound and for stress tests. I swear this pregnancy hasn't been what I expected. I just want a healthy baby. Dave still wants two and I'm thinking with all this stress is he crazy?

Ok. Better news. I had to go pre-register at the hospital yesterday. It was interesting. The nurse tells you all about the rules, how many people I can have in the room with me and so on. I can have two people if I choose to. The only thing I don't like is that the are very strike on the visiting hours. After she is born I can have visitors but only between 4pm - 8pm. They will tell visitor's to leave if they come before then. There is also a waiting room where if family does come to wait for the birth or comes before the visiting hours, we can bring her out to see the family. I'm happy about that. Just wanted to let all the family in on the rules. I'll try and deliver right before 4 pm so that if everyone shows up you can come to the room. That's all for now. I'm going to mow the lawn
Tam

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

At least with being induced, you will know when to expect it. Although, you still could go early!

Hope your itching gets better really soon. By the way, I LOVE the baby's room!

:)

1:43 PM  
Blogger Tam's thoughts said...

wait till it's all done

5:19 PM  
Blogger Tam's thoughts said...

Oct 8th

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home