Saturday, March 25, 2006

Staying In Touch

When Dave and I moved to Carlyle, Saskatchewan I was excited and very upset at the same time. I was so use to seeing family and my friends that I wasn't looking forward to being the new girl in a small town. Especially the girlfriend of an RCMP officer. I can tell you it was hard but very rewarding. Dave and I met and became friends with a few people. I became close friends with the wives. During my next 3 years in Carlyle Dana and I became very close friends. We could talk about anything. She new how to cheer me up. There was this one year on my birthday/Easter she had invited us to spend Easter dinner with her Dean and her family at the farm in Southey, Saskatchewan.(small town about 30 min from Regina) We accepted. We all went to Church, after we headed towards the farm for lunch/dinner. I spent it helping out in the kitchen with Dana and her mom who became like my Saskatchewan mom. I had a blast. We all had dinner then it was time for dessert. I was so shock. Dana and her mom started to sing happy birthday. I was so touched. It took a lot for me not to cry. The best part about it is that Dana's mom made me a cake from scratch in the shape of a bunny. How cool is that? I was so grateful and that was by far the best birthday ever, well the second best since Dave did propose on my birthday. Any way. Dana phone me the other night and reminded me about that year. I was sad to leave Ontario but I knew I would always see our family at least once a year, but now that we are no longer in Saskatchewan it makes me even more sad that I have no idea when I will ever see the people that we became close to. Dave and I had this entire other life there. We left it all behind to come back home. I'm very happy we are back home but I'm also sad. I miss going to Regina and going out to lunch with Dana or spending and evening with Scott and Amy or going for walks and hanging out at Rhiannon's house, where she patiently waits for me to finish my blanket. Dave promised me that we will go for a visit after the baby is born. I am so looking forward to that trip. I never thought in a million years I would ever say this. I miss Saskatchewan.
Tam

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Your blog post made me so sad. :( Hopefully you will get to reunite sometime soon and have a ball. But we are so glad you guys are here in Ontario! It may not be the best birthday you've ever had but we're looking forward to getting together with you guys a couple days after for the concert. I'm sure we'll have a great time and Gord is really looking forward to seeing his Auntie and Uncle. :)

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home